Balloon Flight – Terms and Conditions
- All Flight Vouchers are transferable to third parties and are valid as set out herein. The terms and conditions apply to the Buyer or the holder of a Flight Voucher.
- Fitness to fly
- Flight Conditions
- Additional Provisions
1. The Flight Provider is not qualified to express an opinion confirming that you are fit to fly. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to fly. You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical condition, or have recently undergone surgery unless you have a certificate confirming your fitness to fly from your doctor. You must not fly if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
2. The Flight Provider’s paramount consideration is your safety and the safety of other passengers participating in the Flight. You must obey all requests and instructions issued by the Pilot or any of the Flight Providers representatives and take particular care to abide by all safety instructions given. The Pilot has complete discretion as to whether to allow you to take part in the Flight and will refuse to allow you to do so if in his opinion you would be a danger to the Balloon, the other passengers or to yourself.
1. The Flight Voucher will entitle you to participate in a flight including, where appropriate, watching the preparation and inflation of the Balloon for the Flight, a Flight in a hot air balloon, champagne toast, and flight certificate.
2. Flights are dependent upon the weather conditions and are regulated by the Sri Lankan Civil Aviation Authority. It may be necessary to postpone a flight at any time if in the judgement of the Pilot or the Flight Provider conditions are not safe or the flight would not be permitted by the Authority. The Flight Provider will give you as much warning as operational procedures allow of the flight postponement.
3. In order to ensure the safety of the Balloon and its passengers, the Pilot and Flight Provider reserve the right to postpone a Flight at any time up and including the moment of launch.
4. It is intended that the Balloon Flight will last for approximately 1 hour but the Pilot has ultimate responsibility for deciding the duration and conduct of any flight. The Pilot is responsible for deciding the appropriate time and place of any landing. The Flight Provider cannot guarantee that the flight will follow any particular direction or land at a specific location or last for a specific length of time.
The Flight Provider carries insurance cover against the risk of injury or damage to passengers and their belongings during the course of our flights. If you do not consider that the amount of insurance cover would be adequate to compensate you for any loss whether for death, personal injury or damage to your belongings you should take independent advice to arrange additional cover. The Flight Provider will not be held liable for any loss or damage to clothing, equipment or effects brought with you onto the Flight nor for death or personal injury unless it has been caused by the recklessness of the Pilot or the Flight Provider.
1. The Flight Provider does not accept liability for any costs or expenses or damages consequential or otherwise the Buyer or Voucher Holder has or may incur if the Flight Provider has postponed or cancelled any flight for any reason.
2. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Flight Provider, the Flight Provider has to withdraw or change any advertised flight venues an alternative venue will be offered at a reasonable distance from the original site.
3. The Flight Provider reserves the right to change launch sites if the wind direction or airspace restrictions prevent safe flight on your chosen day. In this instance the flight will be transferred to the nearest alternative site of the original launch site.
4. The Flight Provider will not fly children under the age of 7 years. A child under the age of 16 years will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult.
5. All passengers should wear appropriate clothing as is advised to you in advance of the flight and as further detailed in the Flight Providers brochure.